- About Us
Sister Jeanne Maria Campeau, 91, died on May 14, 2018 at RiverView Health in Crookston, MN. Marie Verna Campeau was born in Star Prairie Township, St. Croix, WI, on June 5, 1926, the daughter of Arthur and Josephine (Martell) Campeau. She attended elementary school and high school in Somerset, WI, graduating in 1945.
On September 8, 1949, Marie Verna entered the Congregation of St. Joseph in Crookston, MN and following the formation program received the religious name of Jeanne Maria. Sister Jeanne Maria made her First Profession of Vows on March 19, 1950 and Final Vows on August 13, 1954.Sister Jeanne Maria was involved in a variety of ministries, including secretarial responsibilities at the Congregation’s two hospitals, St. Joseph in Park Rapids, MN and Trinity Hospital in Baudette, MN. In 1973 she completed an AA degree in applied science from the University of Minnesota, Crookston.
Of her many ministries, it would be safe to say that Sister Jeanne Maria’s most precious years were those spent with the children and families in several Crookston homes, where she offered child care with love. Parishioners of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Crookston, MN will miss seeing Sister Jeanne Maria singing with the adult choir on Sundays, always standing between the tallest choir members.
Surviving Sister Jeanne Maria are her community members of the Sisters of St. Joseph, and many nieces, nephews, and grand-nieces and grand-nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, Arthur and Josephine Campeau; brothers: Arthur Jr., Gasper, and Lloyd; and sisters: Bernice (infant), Odelia Halverson, and Bernice Sommers.
The Mass of Resurrection for Sister Jeanne Maria Campeau will be celebrated by Father Vincent Miller at 4:00pm, Friday, May 18, 2018, at the Chapel of Villa St. Vincent in Crookston. Visitation will be at the Villa from 2 to 4:00pm, with a Prayer Service at 2:30pm, which will include Sharing of Memories. Burial will take place at Calvary Cemetery following Mass.
Memorials may be offered to the Congregation of St. Joseph.